Aug 2, 2013

Summer 2013

Wow. I've been really bad about journaling, so maybe I'll start updating my blog again. That counts as journaling, right? :-)
This summer has flown by. We had a McDowell family reunion up in Heber, AZ. It was so fun to see all the aunts and uncles and even some cousins! We've spent a couple of great weekends in Thatcher, AZ with the Conrads and had an amazing trip to San Diego, CA.
The pics in this post are from our trip to San Diego. It was so much fun! We went for Randy's birthday. It was the boys' first time at the beach and watching them step into the ocean for the first time was such a fun and joyful experience. That sounds corny, but its honestly the best way I can think to describe it. They absolutely loved it. It was hard not to share their excitement and enthusiasm. We were also able to visit the San Diego Temple (gorgeous! ) and the Mormon Battalion Historic center. It was such a neat tour and afterwards the boys got to pan for gold, see how bricks we made, pump water and view the area from the tower on top of the building. The best part though, was probably seeing Cooper and Hudson dress up as soldiers.
We've had such a fun summer, but I think we're all ready for school to start. Cooper will be in 1st grade and Hudson starts preschool this year. For a few short hours it will just be me and Emmet. Ahhh, I do love fall.... :-)

No comments: