Mar 10, 2008

It's ok Ma, I'm only bleeding






The other day I was in the living room folding laundry while Cooper was playing in his bedroom with 2 other kids his age. All of a sudden, I hear Cooper crying and he comes running on his tiptoes into the living room sporting a brilliant black eye. (see below pictures) The other 2 kids came out right after him. I'm not sure if the wound was self inflicted or if the other children lent a helping hand. He seemed fine so I let him go back to playing. To add insult to injury (or maybe just injury to injury) a couple weeks ago Cooper was in the backyard playing while Randy was barbecuing and again I heard the injured cry. Cooper came in the house behind Randy and when I asked my husband what was wrong his reply was "I don't know, he just started crying." I went to look at my son and his chin was all bloody, but I couldn't find the source of the bleeding. I patched him up and sent him on his way. The next day while in Sacrament meeting at church I noticed that Cooper had chipped both his two front teeth (hence the crying and the bleeding). I swear my child will have a concussion before he turns 2. Hopefully, he'll have teeth, too.

4 comments:

Kent Kate & Afton said...

Oh my! I am not looking forward to Afton doing stuff like that. But I know it will happend. He sounds pretty tough!

the speers said...

oh no!! i swear they get hurt just for the sympathy...Caden thinks about his injuries before he cries! your blog is too cute!

Marisa and Rob said...

Man you had an exciting day!!! I'm not looking forward to that. Have a great week.

Erin said...

Poor boy! Good thing those teeth aren't perminent.