Dec 12, 2008

Christmas Classics


Remember those good old Christmas cartoons that came on when you were a kid, like Frosty the Snowman or Santa Clause is Coming to Town? Well, recently Cooper discovered these blasts from the past and so now I am reliving my childhood.


This is the first year that he's kind of understood Christmas and has gotten excited about it. It's pretty funny to watch how excited he gets when Santa Clause comes onto the TV -- he loves Santa (although, he doesn't like him quite enough to sit on his lap). Cooper doesn't call Santa by his name, however. He calls him "Hohoho" instead. I got in trouble the other day when we were at Wal-Mart because of this. Cooper was antsy and so to settle him down I promised that we would go look at the "hohoho" stuff after I finished getting my groceries. True to my word, after we checked out we headed to the other side of the store where they keep all the Christmas decorations and such. They had a big inflatable Santa Clause on one of their shelves and Cooper started yelling "hohoho, mommy! hohoho!" I nodded absentmindedly and answered him, "yes, Cooper that's a hohoho." Unfortunately, right as I said this a teenage girl in a short skirt and lots of make-up passed by and gave me a dirty look. (I think she thought I was saying hoehoehoe).


They always say you shouldn't talk baby talk back to your kids, that you should use the proper words instead. Now I know why. Hohoho . . . :)

4 comments:

Machelle said...

Nice Ashley, nice.

Marisa and Rob said...

That's pretty funny!!! Cooper is so cute!!! I love thoes Christmas Classics, we have been showing Amirra thoes movies lately and she loves them. I hope you guys are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Cooper has an eye for the classics, good boy! I love those cartoons too, they don't make them like that anymore, sigh...
Cute family!

The Cutest Allens Ever! said...

I love boys!! They are so cute! I bet that girl needed to hear that. Now she will change, because of your sweet Cooper!:)