Jun 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day!


I just wanted to say Happy Father's Day to my dad, my father-in-law and my husband. You guys are such awesome men and I am so grateful for your example to me and my son. I love you! Randy is such a good dad. He went swimming with us today and Cooper had a blast swimming with his dad. (His dad is much more fun to swim with than me. I don't like to get my hair wet and that limits what I will do in the pool). Cooper and Randy were jumping off the side and the waterfall into the pool, having a grand ole' time. I need to get Cooper into swim lessons, but I haven't found anyone who teaches in my neighborhood yet. Cooper absolutely loves the water. He throws the biggest fit every time I get him out of the pool. I bought him a floaty last week and he seems to have figured it out.We've been swimming a few times now and he doesn't have any problem staying afloat in it or even moving around. He stays on the steps and plays with his toys. The best thing about swimming though, is afterwards. It totally wipes Coop out, so he takes a nice long afternoon nap for me. Yea! Randy is currently out golfing with his brother and Cooper is sleeping. Ah, peace and quiet. I forget what it sounds like sometimes. :)

4 comments:

Marisa and Rob said...

Looks like you guys had a great time swimming!!! Amirra loves the water too!! I love randy's face, he is too funny.

Bethany said...

What a cute boy Cooper is! My parents just gave us a big inflatable pool (since we're not so lucky to have in in-ground one), so Ethan should have a fun time. Fortunately, I can take him to swimming lessons from the City. I guess Queen Creek doesn't do them? We're going in July!

Oh, and I love the picture of him in his new bed-- so cute!

Terilyn said...

Great tribute to the "dads" in your life! I love kids after they swim too. They're so cute all zonked out with drool trickling down from the corner of their mouths!

Farris said...

Hi Ashley, that pool sure looks like a lot of fun. Cooper is getting to be such a big boy and a cute one at that. That's funny how he can escape from a crib already.