Jun 27, 2008

My Little Angel

So, because I always write about the things Cooper does that drive me crazy I thought I should also write about the things he does that are really sweet. The other night I slept like crap. I woke up every couple of hours and was very restless. Cooper is now sleeping on his toddler bed (yea!) so when he wakes up in the morning he just walks out of his room and into mine. The other day, though, he saw that I was still sleeping and so instead of coming into my room like he normally would he just sat outside my bedroom door. He left the door ajar so that he could peek in on me, but he sat right outside the door and played quietly with some toys until I woke up and realized the was there. It was so sweet! He just let me sleep. I have the sweetest kid. He's a handful sure, but he's also sweeter than sugar. He's now started to give me hugs after I change his diaper -- I guess it's his 'thank you'. He's such a good helper, too. He picks up his toys and helps me with the baby I watch during the week. He'll play with the baby to keep him from crying while I'm throwing a load of laundry in the wash or he'll bring me the baby's diaper bag when I forgot to grab the desitin before changing him. It's very nice. Last night our ward had our quarterly enrichment meeting and it was on 'spouse appreciation', although it touched on other relationships as well. One of the speakers said something about how we need to enjoy our children at every age. "Be their friend, love them, teach them, play with them". I thought that was really good advice.


How could you not love a face like this? :)

4 comments:

Kent Kate & Afton said...

What a sweetie! I love that he gives you hugs after you change his diaper. Afton screams and wiggles around every time I change hers. But I adore her anyways!

Bethany said...

Wow, that's amazing-- for a child any age! You've got a good one, for sure. I hope Ethan will do that when he's older (I'd love to catch up on some sleep!). But, I love him at this age and all the things he does, so I appreciate that quote!

taytum said...

What a sweet kid. I would love waking up to my little boy playing quietly waiting for me. SO cute!

chad and lemae said...

question... how dp you change your background without losing everything on the left side (smaller column)? i've tried to change mine but i lose everything i added to the left side. Help!
by the way that is amazing that he just sat there a played queitly so you could sleep! what a good kid!