May 1, 2008

May Day

I can't believe that it's May already! Holy cow! The weather has been so nice here in Arizona the past month or so, I guess I didn't realize how close to summer we are. Staying home makes me lose track of what day it is, too. All I know is that it's Monday if Dancing with the Stars is on and Tuesday if the results show is on. After that it's all kind of a blur. Not that my days aren't jam packed with fun and action. . . .
Here's Cooper sticking his mac & cheese in his nose. Don't ask me why!
While I was doing the dishes Cooper was shredding my brand new box of tissues. Good thing I got the Target special.
More of the tissue mess . . .

Cooper is getting really good at folding his arms. He even does it during prayers now!

Randy was made a ward missionary this past Sunday (thankfully, I was not). We're still in the Nursery, though. In fact, we had to substitute Cooper's class. I didn't realize how good we had it with the 2 1/2 - 3 year-olds. The 18-months are utter and complete chaos and my son was right in the thick of it. I tried to give the lesson we were assigned (it was on bugs and birds), but I think I got as far as "Our lesson today is on bugs--" before someone threw a toy and someone else screamed. It was all downhill from there. On a less chaotic note, I heard about the new temples they are going to be building in Gilbert and the Gila Valley and I'm so happy. I can't wait. Of course, this means that my husband is even more determined to move us to Thatcher. Sacrifices must be made, I guess! :) j/k.

8 comments:

Melody said...

Your little boy is so cute! And when we were in Nursery it was the same way....We would just point to a picture of Jesus and ask who this was and they would respond and that was as far as we could get also...Well you are "lucky" that you didn't get pulled in with your husband, they did with me when my husbad was called as a ward missionary. Lets just say Iam glad that Iam a girl...I couldn't do the real thing :)

Marisa and Rob said...

Hey, I love the picture with the mac & chez! Too cute!! Go randy being a ward missionary, he'll do great!!! Hope all is well, we will have to get together soon.

Kent Kate & Afton said...

I think I might die if I was called to nursery! I love relief society too much!

Marisa and Rob said...

Hey, we are going to have a playgroup Wednesday May 7th at our pool. So bring a sack lunch and come play with us. It will start around 9:30-10am. Hope to see you there. I will sending an email out to everyone. I'll send one to Randy's email.

Brooke and Brian said...

Hello Aslhey, you don't know me but I was friends with Randy back in college. I don't know if I have said hi to you on myspace before, but it would have been a long time ago. I just wanted to say hello and tell your hubbie hello for me, and your little one is getting so big. He is a little cutie.

Marisa and Rob said...

Hey I just wanted to let you know that we cancled the playgroup for Wednesday. Hope to talk to you soon

Unknown said...

He is so cute! I think he looks so much like you Ashley...do other people say that too? I do think he used to look like Randy but not so much now. Our oldest did that...came out looking just like his daddy, then turned into me...and it just keeps going like that its so weird.

Brooke and Brian said...

Yeah, I am a lucky one. I think I'll keep him around for a little while ;) Your kid is so adorable! Have a great day!