May 22, 2008

Rainy Days

Don't you just love rainy days? They're the absolute best! Today has been wonderfully wet with thunder claps galore, so Cooper and I went out and enjoyed the rain while it's here. He tried to catch the raindrops in his hands and when that didn't work he went and played in the water that was running off the side of our house. It reminded me of when I was a kid and we used to have those huge monsoon storms in the summer when it would really pour. Our street used to flood up over the sidewalk and so my sisters and I would go out there in our bare feet and raincoats and splash in the water (which came to our knees!) We called it 'surf's up'. Good times.


7 comments:

abby said...

you just made me sooo homesick!

MissKris said...

I have been loving the weather as well! I had my back door open all day yesterday!

taytum said...

The weather here has been nuts too! We finally hooked up our cooler on Sunday because it was too dang hot to live indoors without it, and then by Thursday evening it got so cold we had to turn on our pellet stove. Talk about crazy.

Kent Kate & Afton said...

I think I like rainy days in Arizona. I think I appreciate them a lot more there than here.

Bethany said...

Totally way cute! I LOVE rainy days, too! Wasn't it so nice? It'll be fun when Ethan can have fun in the rain. Right now he just stares at it, wondering what's going on:) Is that your house in the picture? Very nice neighborhood! Where do you live?

Bethany said...

Okay, so if I'd have looked at the side of your blog, I'd have noticed "Queen Creek" earlier-- yah, I'm smart:)

Marisa and Rob said...

I love rainy days!!! Looks like you guys had lot's of fun in the rain. Amirra sure did over here. :)Hey I saw that you guys were in Thatcher this past weekend! I drove by Randy's parents place and noticed. I also tried calling over there.